Saturday, August 27, 2011

Bishop Eddie Long's Accusers Announce Tell-All Book (BLOG)

Bishop Eddie Long can't catch a break. It looks like confidentiality agreements mean nothing. Jamal Parris and Spencer LeGrande, two of the plantiffs in last year's scandal, are speaking out about their experiences with Bishop Long.

Hold on, that's not all! Jamal and Spencer have decided to write a tell-all book about what they claim actually happened. Although both of these men originally agreed not to discuss what happened via their out of court settlement, they both spoke to CNN affiliate WSB about Bishop Long. They said,


“It's just not enough anymore. I thought I could cover the pain up. I thought I could move, start over and everything will go away. I was terribly wrong," said Jamal.

Jamal told WSB that he grew up without a father and that Eddie Long played on that vulnerability.

“To have a man love me for just who I was. I just had to be me, and love him back."

Talking about the book Jamal said,

"You ain't ready for the secrets. I don't care if this book sells one copy. But if it's just for me, this is what my life looked like, this is my voice for the first time.”

Spencer then said,

“Ten years of details, each person. It's gonna be a book full of 'wow's' and 'ahh's' and 'Oh my Gods."

When asked about the money Spencer said,

“I feel like burning [the money]. I’m going to tell the world – money does not buy happiness, when you sleep at night, the problems are still there. The money stuff, who cares about the number,"


Bishop Eddie long responded via his church's website saying:

We have a long history of dutifully serving those in need in the local and global communities and we will continue to do so. We are committed to the calling of a strong, viable and relevant ministry of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Unfortunately, we are in the media again and people are wondering what I am going to say. All I have to say is what we stated earlier. All parties involved decided to resolve the civil cases out of court. The decision was made to bring closure to this matter and allow us to move forward with the plans God has for this ministry.

I will continue to honor and abide by my commitment of confidentiality and restraint as it relates to the resolution of the civil litigation and will not be diverted from the important work of the ministry.

I thank God for your faithful support of my journey to South Africa where thousands where blessed and more than 700 people gave their lives to Christ. We also were able to sow more support into the HIV/AIDS Hospice in Johannesburg that we partnered with last year. We built a wonderful bridge of relationships with pastors and community leaders to further establish the Kingdom and bless others.

I love you and thank you for your continued commitment and dedication.

Your Pastor,

Bishop Eddie L. Long





globalgrind

No comments:

Post a Comment