Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Kanye West's Mentor No I.D. Leaves GOOD Music For Def Jam (BLOG)

Kanye West's musical mentor and former president of GOOD Music, No I.D. has been appointed Executive Vice President of A&R for Def Jam Recordings. Along with his new position, he brokered a deal for his record label Artium Recordings for an exclusive label partnership with Def Jam.

“No I.D. is one of the hottest and most well-respected hip-hop producers of our era," Barry Weiss, chairman and chief executive of Universal Republic and Island Def Jam Motown, said in a statement. "His years of mentoring and developing artists in the studio should serve him perfectly in his new A&R role and will surely help take Def Jam to the next level."

“I’m proud of the success I’ve had with so many of the great artists and songwriters at Def Jam,” the producer said in a statement. “The Def Jam brand is cultural and iconic, and I'm excited to be working closely with the artists, Barry, Karen [Kwak, executive vice president and head of A&R for Island Def Jam Music Group] and the team in what promises to be an incredible new phase in my career.”

No I.D has shared his music production talents across Hip Hop & R&B genres, producing "Run This Town" (Jay-Z), "So Appalled" (Kanye West), "More Than A Woman" (Toni Braxton), "I Miss That" (Lloyd) amongst other records. In his new post he will sign new artist to his label and oversee current projects on Def Jam's roster.



singersroom

No comments:

Post a Comment