Thursday, February 4, 2010

My Skybroadband Internet Connection

In a desperate need to improve my connection, I avail the sky cable broadband connection a.k.a skybroadband internet connection. I was expecting faster connection because it was not using phonelines, it uses cable instead.Theoritically cable wires have higher bandwidth and could carry more data.
Installation was very fast took only 10-15 minutes plus little talkies and initial speedtest result was very satisfying . 1.29 Mbps for th download sped and 0.45 mbps for the upload speed. Quite fast connection for an average user like me. The only downsides was what i read in some forum that it was slow in torrent. May be because IP was not static but dynamic instead. So if you were a torrent user and love to download lots of movies in torrent sites, this connection is not for you. But for me it was still a myth I would try it myself later and proved if its a given fact or not.
See pix below of new connection speed..
Hope skybroadband speed would be stable not only during trial period but for the rest of my connected years..I`l just cross my fingers on it....

No comments:

Post a Comment