Thursday, September 22, 2011

Boyz II Men Happy about Their Influence on Justin Bieber (BLOG)

Veteran R&B group Boyz II Men recently spoke out about meeting Justin Bieber before he became a megastar and also his impression when meeting the group.

Speaking with MTV, group member Wanya Morris says: "We met him in the hotel, at the Le Montrose, in LA and the dude; he had a cast on at the time. And he stepped up and said, 'Oh my God! Boyz II Men, you're my favorite group."

He continued: "And we're like, 'Oh, okay,' and at the time, we didn't know who he was. He was a new dude, and the next thing you know, he's huge."

Wanya also touched on being a role model for Bieber and other new artists, adding: "It's also good to know we've influenced such a good artist. It's something that makes us feel we've accomplished [something and] we're doing our job, [that] a guy so young and so into his craft [is] influenced by three guys from Philadelphia that love to sing."

Bieber recently took to Twitter to praise Boyz II Men, tweeting: “2day I woke up and realized that the group that made me want to sing Boyz II Men are now on the Christmas album singing with me. Dream big.”

He added: “I used 2 listen to their music and practice the runs. That is how I learned to sing. Now I’m in the studio with them making music 2gether. I’m telling you… never say never… never stop dreaming… never give up…”



singersroom

No comments:

Post a Comment