Sunday, September 11, 2011

Editorial: We Will Never Forget 9-11 (BLOG)

I woke up this morning, and I thought about 9-11. I tried to picture what the twin towers looked like in my head before the thought of the airplane sticking out of the building. Unfortunately I never got to see them other than pictures or in movies. As I sat and I tried to picture the towers ....I looked at historic pictures of the New York Skyline, I started to feel guilty. I thought about what exactly happened 10 years ago today, that the country I lived in my whole life, the only place I knew... fell victim to one of the most horrendous attacks of my lifetime.

As a young americans we sometimes feel that america does not care, does not care about the blue collar families that we come from. That our voice, and our opinion does not matter, but that day...Yes that day when I was sitting inside of one of my classes in college, Yes that day when I heard a female scream and say "They ran a plane into the World Trade Center!"

Yes THAT DAY... I witnessed grown men crying, Yes THAT DAY I witnessed our President with FEAR in his Eyes.... YES that DAY September 11, 2001 as the World Trade Center burned, and a plane approached the 2nd Tower, I remember feeling like a american...and I seen my fellow Americans hurting, scared, helping, and most of all Praying together for the safety of our country WE live in.

The events that would come after THAT DAY...September 11th, 2001 changed our country forever, but on that day we were one group of people. Through the pain, the heartache, the loss of life, the acts of bravery, the wars that would follow, the searches that lasted for days after, the clean up.... I realized that sometimes it's okay to feel, hurt, and be scared. It's okay to show triumph, defeat, and grow. That Day I will always remember as the day when color, race, religion, did not matter. What mattered was helping each other make it until September 12th, and the next day, and the next year.

So I may not have gotten to see the World Trade Center, I may not remember what it looks like in my memory, I may feel that people still get treated unfair, and sometimes the people who sacrifice the most get looked over.... BUT Yet and still I am a American, and with all the problems we may have, we care for each other, and we ban together in a time of need, we are stronger than we see, we are braver than we know, and we truly are lucky to live in such a great country, where innocent people risk their lives just to save another, where Muslims, Jews, Christians, Catholics, no matter the religion, the race, the background, what area or city people lived in, they prayed together for safety of people they never seen or met.

Yes... That Day has passed but the lessons, the people, the things i witnessed, the memories, the bond...Lives Forever.

So today us here at So Stadium Status we would like to thank those who sacrificed their lives, their time, to help people out of tough situations. We would like to thank our military and troops for trying their best to keep us safe. We would like to thank the other countries across the world who sent out their prayers and helped us through this hard time.  Today on September 11, 2011 the 10 year anniversary of 9/11 We want to take the time out to say Thank You.

We ask if you read this post, take time to comment, Just to say thank you to those who sacrificed.

No comments:

Post a Comment